There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

Great Job, but with little hours and pay

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are super nice, I don't work nights or weekends, and you can pretty much slack off at work without getting in trouble, so long as it looks like you're doing something. I always am working hard, but many of the employees there do like nothing. It's a pretty chill atmosphere and my bosses are great and flexible.

Cons

I only get about 8 hours a week, and I am working minimum wage. Also, there is a lot of favoritism between employees and the staff

Advice to Management

Hire less people! That way the people working there could get more hours.

Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores

1. okay place to work for a while

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the employee discount was nice

Cons

managers were kind of unprofessional and rude and would say smart comments after you asked them for help

2. Very nice place to work.

Current Employee - Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, the working environment had a positive effect on my perception on retail work and store maintenance. Management policy and store cleanliness maintenance and go-backs seemed to flow acceptably, and I can safely say that the team environment was very helpful to my perspective on how work hours go. I only regret that I couldn't be of more help within that limited time to them.

Cons

Not much I could say. I didn't have much time to stay there, since I was only working seasonal part-time. Nevertheless, from what I gathered, not much, if at all. Also, the reason for my lack of opinion on the CEO themselves had to do with me never having seen any example of their work directly. Otherwise, my perspective of them is rather positive.

Advice to Management

Not much I can remember that would help, except perhaps maybe have a sort of system for the go-backs? Then again, the time I worked was December 2007 to January 2008. Might have changed that ever since already.