Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Great Job, but with little hours and pay

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Irvine, CA

ProsThe people are super nice, I don't work nights or weekends, and you can pretty much slack off at work without getting in trouble, so long as it looks like you're doing something. I always am working hard, but many of the employees there do like nothing. It's a pretty chill atmosphere and my bosses are great and flexible.

ConsI only get about 8 hours a week, and I am working minimum wage. Also, there is a lot of favoritism between employees and the staff

Advice to Senior ManagementHire less people! That way the people working there could get more hours.

okay place to work for a while

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: the employee discount was nice Cons: managers were kind of unprofessional and rude and would say… More

Poor experience and poor company to work for with little management support

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Duluth, MN

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: Allows you to show your creative side, help guest decide… Cons: Very poor management who lacks support and offers very little opportunity for growth. Management shows little interest in… Advice to Senior Management: Work with your employees to ensure that they are happy… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.