Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com
  www.michaels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

just okay for most people

Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager
Current Employee - Customer Experience Manager

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time

Pros

flexible scheduling, access to materials to test out before you buy them, not horrible music on the PA

Cons

uncooperative management teams, unmotivated sales and cashier staff, no payroll for training new employees, a new corporate program every three weeks, needy and arrogant customers, no support from corporate when enforcing policies - always have to roll over and let the customers walk all over you, associate discount does not include sale items - which almost everything is.

stop trying to constantly implement new programs and tweak the ones you already have. also, evaluate your distribution of payroll hours.

1055 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

Very nice place to work.

Current Employee - Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Overall, the working environment had a positive effect on my perception on retail work and store maintenance. Management policy and store cleanliness maintenance and go-backs seemed to flow acceptably, and I can safely say that the team environment was very helpful to my perspective on how work hours go. I only regret that I couldn't be of more help within that limited time to them.

Cons

Not much I could say. I didn't have much time to stay there, since I was only working seasonal part-time. Nevertheless, from what I gathered, not much, if at all. Also, the reason for my lack of opinion on the CEO themselves had to do with me never having seen any example of their work directly. Otherwise, my perspective of them is rather positive.

Not much I can remember that would help, except perhaps maybe have a sort of system for the go-backs? Then again, the time I worked was December 2007 to January 2008. Might have changed that ever since already.

Crafty nonsense

Former Employee - Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great if you are into crafts or the least bit creative. great for someone with no responsibilities like a high school or college student or older person just wanting something to do. Asst. Store manager was the best!

Cons

Unless you are management, it's all part time. Unless you can get on the replenishment crew, your shifts rotate. Rotating shifts and children do not mix, could not afford babysitting.

take a good luck at who you are promoting and or hiring from the outside. you are stepping over the people who started at the bottom and worked their way up.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores