Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com
  www.michaels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

Great people, bad work.. sometimes.

Current Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Days where there are great customers and coworkers. Eventually seeing certain customers and making small talk is always nice.

Cons

I work as a cashier. It sucks working when theres rushes because there's only one cashier, and sometimes they expect you to get through it by yourself.

Notify all employees when there is something new going on with the company/corporate.

1056 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

Poor experience and poor company to work for with little management support

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Duluth, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Duluth, MN

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Allows you to show your creative side, help guest decide on purchases, work with customers.

Cons

Very poor management who lacks support and offers very little opportunity for growth. Management shows little interest in employee's abilities and refuses to offer full time positions to sales employee's so they can avoid giving benefits!

Work with your employees to ensure that they are happy - happy employees causes happier customers!

Going nowhere fast; worst place I have ever worked.

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good job for a people person. Flexible hours. I like most of my fellow employees, currently even including most of the management.

Cons

Run on a skeleton crew so you can't give good customer service. Some shifts as short as 3 hours. Very poor pay and stingy raises. They have steadily and drastically cut hours in the 2 years I have been here; we are working our asses off all the time! Not that I mind working hard, but we are not adequately compensated. They did away with the Front End Supervisor, so cashiers perform many of the same functions with no additional pay. Constant pressure to collect emails of customers. Also some of their merchandise is crap and you kind of feel bad ripping people off.

Share a little of the wealth and pay your employees a living wage! BTW I am actively looking for another job.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores