Michaels Stores

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

Fun job. Former custom framer

I worked at Michaels Stores

Pros

I really enjoyed the work and people. I found the job and workplace pleasant and fun most of the time. There were also occasional opportunities to advance into higher positions. Co-workers were friendly and fun.

Cons

Pay and benefits were typical retail fare. Store became short-handed and I would be asked to take on the tasks of the workers that left, which they never replaced, so it became routine to do my tasks as well as the tasks of the people that left.

Pay and benefits could've been better for those in specialized trades/positions (framing, floral, etc). Didn't like having to pick up the work duties of other people who had left, which doesn't help the customers much either if stores are under-staffed.

1151 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

Not enough responsibility

Former Employee - Cashier/Sales
    Former Employee - Cashier/Sales

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I wasn't micromanaged and I loved my coworkers. My manager gave me extra hours when she realized that I was such a good employee, and it is nice to be appreciated.

Cons

Never got my discount card, not much communication between management and part time cashiers like me, and I had no responsibility to make my own judgments. Got thrown under the bus for a situation that occurred during a closing shift with a new manager and first time closing lead. Too much emphasis on getting email addresses.

Don't just fire someone for the sake of firing them because something bad happened.

Fast, well-done, or cheap: pick two

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time

Pros

Really friendly co-workers and management, pretty good hours (when you can get them), policies that make sense.

Cons

There aren't enough people scheduled to do all the work required of us, and there aren't enough hours to go around.

Don't hire more people than you need, and schedule more people. A skeleton crew isn't good for the customers or for us.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores