Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Fun job. Former custom framer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Michaels Stores

ProsI really enjoyed the work and people. I found the job and workplace pleasant and fun most of the time. There were also occasional opportunities to advance into higher positions. Co-workers were friendly and fun.

ConsPay and benefits were typical retail fare. Store became short-handed and I would be asked to take on the tasks of the workers that left, which they never replaced, so it became routine to do my tasks as well as the tasks of the people that left.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay and benefits could've been better for those in specialized trades/positions (framing, floral, etc). Didn't like having to pick up the work duties of other people who had left, which doesn't help the customers much either if stores are under-staffed.

Early College Job

Cashier (Former Employee)
Issaquah, WA

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros: Customers were fun to interact with, Flexible hours, easy work. Cons: Retail pay ~ 9.45 in WA Advice to Senior Management: Overall a decent experience but not a great one, there was fairly quick turnover with some of the employees, and new management had to get… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Fast paced during the holiday season

Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great people, good work environment Cons: Training as-you-go, short breaks, no regular schedule for seasonal associates (i.e. morning shift one day, closing… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more sales associates on the floor to keep merchandise… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.