Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Not enough responsibility

Cashier/Sales (Former Employee)

ProsI wasn't micromanaged and I loved my coworkers. My manager gave me extra hours when she realized that I was such a good employee, and it is nice to be appreciated.

ConsNever got my discount card, not much communication between management and part time cashiers like me, and I had no responsibility to make my own judgments. Got thrown under the bus for a situation that occurred during a closing shift with a new manager and first time closing lead. Too much emphasis on getting email addresses.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just fire someone for the sake of firing them because something bad happened.

Fast, well-done, or cheap: pick two

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time

Pros: Really friendly co-workers and management, pretty good hours (when you… Cons: There aren't enough people scheduled to do all the work… Advice to Senior Management: Don't hire more people than you need, and schedule more people.… More

A frustrating and unfulfilling experience

Certified Custom Framer (Former Employee)

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Enjoyed almost all of my co-workers and even store management. … Cons: I was made to watch numerous videos on my first day... one of which was the CEO of Michaels telling me how vital & important… Advice to Senior Management: All employees from cashiers to upper management are set up to fail by your unrealistic expectations and ridiculous business practices. Your employees can't work to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.