Not enough responsibility

Former Employee - Cashier/Sales
Former Employee - Cashier/Sales

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

I wasn't micromanaged and I loved my coworkers. My manager gave me extra hours when she realized that I was such a good employee, and it is nice to be appreciated.

Cons

Never got my discount card, not much communication between management and part time cashiers like me, and I had no responsibility to make my own judgments. Got thrown under the bus for a situation that occurred during a closing shift with a new manager and first time closing lead. Too much emphasis on getting email addresses.

Don't just fire someone for the sake of firing them because something bad happened.

Other Reviews for Michaels Stores

Fast, well-done, or cheap: pick two

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time

Pros

Really friendly co-workers and management, pretty good hours (when you can get them), policies that make sense.

Cons

There aren't enough people scheduled to do all the work required of us, and there aren't enough hours to go around.

Don't hire more people than you need, and schedule more people. A skeleton crew isn't good for the customers or for us.

Great people, bad work.. sometimes.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Days where there are great customers and coworkers. Eventually seeing certain customers and making small talk is always nice.

Cons

I work as a cashier. It sucks working when theres rushes because there's only one cashier, and sometimes they expect you to get through it by yourself.

Notify all employees when there is something new going on with the company/corporate.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!