There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

It had its ups and downs but I met a good support system in my coworkers.

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

The customers were great as well as my colleagues. Management was there if I needed anthing, they worked with the needs of my schedule.

Cons

Sometimes the amount of hours were low and higher management sometimes had unrealistic goals.

Ask the stores themselves for suggestions on how to improve.

954 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

promise of raises and full time but it never happens

Current Employee - Floral Designer  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Floral Designer in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was given freedom to use my own designs to improve sales and i enjoyed many customers that i worked with.

Cons

as the floral designer at michaels for 4 years i was told that if i made sales of 80,000 a year i wouldbecome a full time associate with benifits. In the 4 yrs that i was with the company i was number one in sales for the district the majority of the time. earned many awards and execeeded sales expectations sometimes by 40% even with that store sales declining i was told if i made 80,000 for the year in custom floral i would be full time. I achieved sales of just over 80,000 the last week of the fiscal year . I was congratulated by my store manager first one in district to make it to full time. Three weeks into the new year i was still at 24 hours a week so i asked district manager when i was going to full time he said I dont agree with this but cororate said it was a leep year so it doesnt count . This is not a joke this really happened. I worked my butt off with promises of raises and full time for 4 years. Michaels changes the rules every day so if you work there and were promised a raise dont count on it.

know who your leaders are and take care of the employee as you expect them to take care of your store, and help earn your bonus.

This is not a good company in general

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time

Pros

Not many pros, your associate discount is less than most retail.

Cons

Little hours, minimum pay, and no chance to move up. You give them a lot of yourself for minimum wage.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!