Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com
  www.michaels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

Great place to work, great people to work with.

Former Employee - Part Time Replenishment Associate in Traverse City, MI
Former Employee - Part Time Replenishment Associate in Traverse City, MI

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very flexible scheduling. Great staff. Employee discounts. Good benefits. Descent pay. Art/craft classes available to staff.

Cons

Position I held was only seasonal. Pay period was every two weeks. Not very many hours scheduled weekly. Some confusion when it came to freight unloaded from the truck-what department it belonged to.

1020 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

Great part-time opportunity while pursuing college degree in art-related field

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

flexible around class schedule, decent number of hours, fun environment, lots to learn about crafting/art supplies from coworkers and customers, rewarding experience overall

Cons

schedule occasionally changes with little to no notice, store rules vary and change from year to year (including signage standards), holidays can be very busy and extremely demanding

Lean machine

I worked at Michaels Stores

Pros

Michaels was a good place to work. Lots of fun and creative people in all areas. I loved working with the people there the most. Everyone was supportive and worked hard. This was also a fast paced ever changing environment which I thrived on.

Cons

Because every department operated so lean, it created an enormous workload. Work/life balance was difficult. Also, the company outsourced a number of job functions to India and that made for a difficult transition. Unfortunately, people lost their jobs.

The right answer to improve profitability is not always to follow what other corporations are doing. Michaels is a place of creative thinkers. Be creative and come up with alternate plans to save and improve profitability and bring the jobs back to the US.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores