Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com
  www.michaels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

I enjoy working here, yet hours could be better.

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a crafty person who mainly does jewelry and art, Michael's is a cool place for me to work. I feel that by being crafty myself, I am able to help customers more efficiently. I also cashier alongside of occasional sales floor, and it is enjoyable to me to talk to customers about projects they're working on. I have met some fabulous people. I also get along great with my coworkers.

Cons

This is a fairly slow time of the year, which means hours are not superb. I wish they were better but there's not much you can do about that. My hours are decent now (about 20 per week as a cashier), but they could be better. Also, sometimes I feel like the store is understaffed and it is VERY frustrating when you're the only cashier and have a long line with nobody to help on backup. YOU are the one who has to take the blow of angry customers, when it's not your fault and you don't have the power to do anything about it.

Perhaps have more cashiers working during the day when you know sales will be high or at LEAST a reliable backup person.

1057 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

Lean machine

I worked at Michaels Stores

Pros

Michaels was a good place to work. Lots of fun and creative people in all areas. I loved working with the people there the most. Everyone was supportive and worked hard. This was also a fast paced ever changing environment which I thrived on.

Cons

Because every department operated so lean, it created an enormous workload. Work/life balance was difficult. Also, the company outsourced a number of job functions to India and that made for a difficult transition. Unfortunately, people lost their jobs.

The right answer to improve profitability is not always to follow what other corporations are doing. Michaels is a place of creative thinkers. Be creative and come up with alternate plans to save and improve profitability and bring the jobs back to the US.

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Replenishment Associate in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Replenishment Associate in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers
    Great customer service
    Great managers

Cons

Early morning (replenishment)
    Not too much training

Keep doing what you are doing. It is truly a great company to eork for

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores