Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com

Hands down my favorite job

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

ProsMichaels promotes individual expression. They're ok with visible tattoos and piercings as well as unnatural colors in your hair. I really liked that I could be myself and I was still a manager. I even gauged my ears out while working there. I also worked with a very close group of people. Going to work was a blast, all my friends were there. They offer a nice employee discount which is awesome if you're an artist. I also had a great benefits package including a 401(k).

ConsThe pay is not competitive at all. They pay most part time employees minimum wage and as a manager I didn't even make $10 an hour. There is a ton of paperwork to keep up with and things can get disorganized very quickly. It's also hard to get in touch with the HR department if you need to report something.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst off, if a store manager is doing a great job with their store: Leave them alone!!! Don't transfer them all over the place. Secondly, if you do have to replace a store manager: Take some time interviewing potential candidates and actually put some thought into it.

I enjoy working here, yet hours could be better.

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros: As a crafty person who mainly does jewelry and art, Michael's is a cool place for me to work. I feel that by being crafty… Cons: This is a fairly slow time of the year, which means hours are not superb. I wish they were better but there's not much you… Advice to Senior Management: Perhaps have more cashiers working during the day when you know… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Awesome place to work

Replenishment Associate (Current Employee) Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great coworkers Great customer service Great managers Cons: Early morning (replenishment) Not too much training Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing. It is truly a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!