Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com

Way Overworked and very Underpaid!

Current Employee - Presenatation Replenishment Manager
Current Employee - Presenatation Replenishment Manager

Pros

I have worked with some great people although they come and go very quickly.

Cons

Most employees average about 15-20 hours at minimum wage or slightly above. Management doesn't really do much until they find out a DM or corporate employee is coming to visit, at that point they want to yell and scream and try to fix everything they have been doing wrong since the last visit! My store alone has been through 3 Store Managers in 1 year! Very high turn over.

Talk to your employees more, and hear what they have to say. Don't promote people just because they are there. Consider paying more for great employees instead of paying minimum wage to 20 sub -par employees.

Other reviews for Michaels Stores

Shots in the dark.

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

Pros

I love this store and I loved working here the ambiance was right up my alley considering it was a craft store that could easily double as a step-ahead-of-last-resort if one is really trying to avoid having to go to blick's. The work is fast paced but there is room for advancement and benefits, etc.

Cons

It really depends on which one you go to because stock is different depending on where you go and so is management it could be great at one store or just terrible like you won't believe it and well I say read reviews before you go in one and call ahead of time for stock checks because you'll learn a lot more than if you just show up at the store also try using the 'online catalogue' and I put it that way because you cannot place online orders as one would presume.

New management that has less issues it's okay to have bad days but everyday is a bit much.

Good experience working part-time while in College!

Former Employee - Front End Supervisor
    Former Employee - Front End Supervisor

Pros

Fun atmosphere if you have any art interests

Cons

managers weren't always attune with student worker's scheduling needs

So glad you got rid of the black and khaki uniform! It did not represent the creativity of a craft store.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!