Great place to work!

Former Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management was extremely friendly and willing to help whenever needed. Everyone always had an upbeat attitude, even when things were stressful for us. My co-workers were all amazing individuals who helped whenever they could and created a great team, as well as a wonderful work environment. Even during Christmas time, the customers were fantastic and I can count on one hand the number of unhappy customers I dealt with.

Cons

I can't think of any particular downside to working at Michaels. Overall, it was a very positive place to work. Other than the high volume of customers and resulting demand that was caused by the holidays, I really enjoyed working at Michaels.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Shots in the dark.

Former Contractor - Seasonal Sales Associate
    Former Contractor - Seasonal Sales Associate

I worked at Michaels Stores as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I love this store and I loved working here the ambiance was right up my alley considering it was a craft store that could easily double as a step-ahead-of-last-resort if one is really trying to avoid having to go to blick's. The work is fast paced but there is room for advancement and benefits, etc.

Cons

It really depends on which one you go to because stock is different depending on where you go and so is management it could be great at one store or just terrible like you won't believe it and well I say read reviews before you go in one and call ahead of time for stock checks because you'll learn a lot more than if you just show up at the store also try using the 'online catalogue' and I put it that way because you cannot place online orders as one would presume.

Advice to Management

New management that has less issues it's okay to have bad days but everyday is a bit much.

2. Not a very pleasant experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brighton, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brighton, MI

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employee discount was nice, but did not make up for the various shortcomings of the job. Not much more to say.

Cons

Unpleasant management staff that were rude to employees. Not very much training offered.

Advice to Management

Try being more polite to workers.