There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

A great job if you are not too concerned about money

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, Michaels company really listens to its employees and makes helpful changes based on feedback

Cons

not many hours, also on top of that some weeks hours are cut

less employees, more hours!

954 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Cashier  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Management was extremely friendly and willing to help whenever needed. Everyone always had an upbeat attitude, even when things were stressful for us. My co-workers were all amazing individuals who helped whenever they could and created a great team, as well as a wonderful work environment. Even during Christmas time, the customers were fantastic and I can count on one hand the number of unhappy customers I dealt with.

Cons

I can't think of any particular downside to working at Michaels. Overall, it was a very positive place to work. Other than the high volume of customers and resulting demand that was caused by the holidays, I really enjoyed working at Michaels.

Way Overworked and very Underpaid!

Current Employee - Presenatation Replenishment Manager
    Current Employee - Presenatation Replenishment Manager

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked with some great people although they come and go very quickly.

Cons

Most employees average about 15-20 hours at minimum wage or slightly above. Management doesn't really do much until they find out a DM or corporate employee is coming to visit, at that point they want to yell and scream and try to fix everything they have been doing wrong since the last visit! My store alone has been through 3 Store Managers in 1 year! Very high turn over.

Talk to your employees more, and hear what they have to say. Don't promote people just because they are there. Consider paying more for great employees instead of paying minimum wage to 20 sub -par employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!