Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

A typical, corporate owned retail environment.

Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee)
New Berlin, WI

ProsThere were some really exceptional, knowledgeable people who worked in the store where I was employed. They had a good work ethic and cared about their fellow employees and the customers.

ConsThey expected you to get 8 hours of work done in 4 hours. I was a part time employee and there was no way I could have finished even half of what they expected every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the front line people who work hard for you every day. They have a lot of good ideas on how to get things accomplished more efficiently.

Terrible Company to Work For

Jewelry & Painting Teacher (Former Employee)
    Webster, TX

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros: They have very cheap merchandise. Cons: The company believes everyone is stealing merchandise. I taught Painting Classes and the store manager told me my students had stolen paint. They made… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It was blah

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros: It was an easy job with decent coworkers. Cons: Terrible pay, terrible hours, and understaffed. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.