Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Good company for career growth

Detroit, MI

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time

ProsMichaels offers a challenging retail environment to work in. The store revolves around its training programs, and encourages its employees to move to the next level.

ConsMichaels has strict operational guidelines to follow. All employees need to be on board with learning the process. More often than not employees choose to stand around not do their job. That makes it tough for the rest of us.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise pay scale in order to attract employees with better work ethics. Will balance out in the end.

Perfect as a temporary job, mind numbing long term.

Part Time Replenishment Associate (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros: If you have great managers and a great team the… Cons: Your store will more than likely be understaffed and you will work multiple positions. The amount of… Advice to Senior Management: Increase payroll so stores are adequately staffed, Replenishment (the backbone of the store) should… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Too many gray areas for my liking...

Irving, TX

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great people to work with, compensation is competitive, lots of… Cons: Work load versus hours to complete it is sometimes unobtainable… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.