Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Stay busy and be on time for your shift at Michaels

Cashier (Former Employee)
Huntington, WV

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for more than a year

ProsA little regimented, but you get used to it. Lots of opportunities to connect with customers and make the job pleasant for yourself as well. If you have an ownership outlook, you can probably advance if you are willing to move. Be professional in order to get along with management.

ConsHigh turnover of part-time employees. Over-staffing makes it hard to get many hours. Expect to sweep floors, clean glass, and retrieve shopping carts as well as stand for hours at a time.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your front-line employees with at least an encouraging word. Respect should go both ways.

Best job I've ever had

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service (Current Employee)
Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros: Everyone is very nice and friendly, management uses positive reinforcement and rewards to get the best out of every employee and always is open to… Cons: Not enough hours to go around, and there's never enough sales/floor associates around later in… Advice to Senior Management: Always be sure that every manager is telling new hires the same information. I've known a few that are still confused after a couple… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A decent retail company to work for

Certified Custom Framer (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Discounts on arts and crafts items as an employee -Room for promotion and flexibility within departments -Clear… Cons: -Confusing signage and promotions will cause tension with customers -Different cultures within each store, so your mileage will… Advice to Senior Management: Be positive and supportive to your employees, foster them to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.