Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

Best job I've ever had

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service (Current Employee)
Coon Rapids, MN

ProsEveryone is very nice and friendly, management uses positive reinforcement and rewards to get the best out of every employee and always is open to advice or suggestions. Hours are very flexible, and employee discounts are pretty nice.
Overall it feels less like going to work with random people and more like a family, I love just about everyone I work with. They're awesome.

ConsNot enough hours to go around, and there's never enough sales/floor associates around later in the evening to help customers. Hourly wage could be better too, but it's retail.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways be sure that every manager is telling new hires the same information. I've known a few that are still confused after a couple months on some really simple things.
Also please let sales/floor associates know that when they're stocking or doing returns, not to flex product into empty spots randomly. It's becoming a problem for those of us who do truck shift to put restocked product away when there's overstock on the wrong shelf.

A decent retail company to work for

Certified Custom Framer (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -Discounts on arts and crafts items as an employee -Room for promotion and flexibility within departments -Clear… Cons: -Confusing signage and promotions will cause tension with customers -Different cultures within each store, so your mileage will… Advice to Senior Management: Be positive and supportive to your employees, foster them to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent Learning Experience

Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Union City, CA

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros: Can cross train in many positions in the store. Management is easy to approach. Fun environment. Plenty of activities where you can contribute. Uniform is… Cons: Worked some 3 hour shifts. Minimun pay. No benefits for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.