Michaels Stores

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

WORST company EVERR

Current Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Sugar Land, TX
Current Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

None. Company is horrible and so is corporate

Cons

Horrible company ! I just quit today. To much work required of cashiers such as answering the phones while busy and etc. low pay, horrible management, and disrespectful co workers.

Needs new management!

1056 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

Best job I've ever had

Current Employee - Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service in Coon Rapids, MN
    Current Employee - Cashier/Stocking/Customer Service in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone is very nice and friendly, management uses positive reinforcement and rewards to get the best out of every employee and always is open to advice or suggestions. Hours are very flexible, and employee discounts are pretty nice.
    Overall it feels less like going to work with random people and more like a family, I love just about everyone I work with. They're awesome.

Cons

Not enough hours to go around, and there's never enough sales/floor associates around later in the evening to help customers. Hourly wage could be better too, but it's retail.

Always be sure that every manager is telling new hires the same information. I've known a few that are still confused after a couple months on some really simple things.
    Also please let sales/floor associates know that when they're stocking or doing returns, not to flex product into empty spots randomly. It's becoming a problem for those of us who do truck shift to put restocked product away when there's overstock on the wrong shelf.

Don't work here

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lot's of interesting craft merchandise in stock.

Cons

Manager disrespectful, expect you to be fast all the time, poor training for employees, disorganized store with wrong labels for the merchandise. Work part-time hours, not enough to live on after taking out medical.j Have to live on Food Stamps. What fun!

Train your employees so they understand how the store works. I worked at another retail store and set up planograms for new merchandise. This store I have no idea how this store works.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores