Michaels Stores
www.michaels.com Irving, TX 5000+ Employees

It really depends on your store and how they manage it

Everything (Current Employee)
Rossford, OH

ProsGreat company with a 25% employee discount. Its pretty laid back and if you work the floor, part of your job is talking with customers about their projects and helping them find what they need (I think its fun).

ConsThe discrepancies between stores is outrageous, and how they communicate with other stores and within their own management can be really, REALLY bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to COMPANY: Have either an undercover employee who can monitor your management, or have your District Manager visits last a day instead of an hour. Inter-management communication at some of your stores is so bad, I am seriously considering leaving all together after almost 6 years working with great to awful store managers.

Michaels -don't trust them!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Coworkers, we actually got along pretty well. The actual job was okay most of… Cons: Company spends too much on stuff that isn't needed, like 5 star, excess signage, etc.., what a waste. And paying bonuses to managers, while it's… Advice to Senior Management: Don't spend money on stuff that isn't needed, like pedometers and pens, it's wasteful. We know you don't appreciate us, so don't try to convince… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I would look for growth at this company

Support Specialist (Former Employee)
    Princeton, NJ

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: work life balance is ok, if you're not in mgmt.… Cons: no training for anything, you're just pushed into the work and expected… Advice to Senior Management: get your thoughts together, spend more payroll hrs. to meet expectations, it's a race against the clock to get things in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michaels Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michaels Stores CEO Chuck Rubin . All reviews posted anonymously by Michaels Stores employees.