Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com

It really depends on your store and how they manage it

Everything (Current Employee) Rossford, OH

ProsGreat company with a 25% employee discount. Its pretty laid back and if you work the floor, part of your job is talking with customers about their projects and helping them find what they need (I think its fun).

ConsThe discrepancies between stores is outrageous, and how they communicate with other stores and within their own management can be really, REALLY bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to COMPANY: Have either an undercover employee who can monitor your management, or have your District Manager visits last a day instead of an hour. Inter-management communication at some of your stores is so bad, I am seriously considering leaving all together after almost 6 years working with great to awful store managers.

Corrupt Management

Cashier/Classroom Instructor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros: I believe Michaels is a good company to work for. I get to be creative in my job, I also… Cons: DRAMA! The employees talk a lot of trash. Even the Assistant Manager at my store gets involved in drama and gossip. I… Advice to Senior Management: Watch out for your management! Actually talk to the employees and find out how things are going for them. A lot of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very good experience

Store Manager (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Michaels Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great environment and people. Company values team and feedback. Reasonable… Cons: Sometimes get lost in a large company with frequent upper management changes in the last couple of… Advice to Senior Management: Continue on the path you are on. Keep your core… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!