Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com

Michaels Stores undervalue their employees

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Cashier in Memphis, TN

Pros

The job itself wasn't difficult, very mindless. Other employee's were mostly helpful but very negative and worn out. Management was very willing to address issues and responded well to hard work. They gave me a Sunday off (UNHEARD OF) when I got engaged which was nice :)

Cons

Coupon policy is a joke. We get punished for giving customers coupons but managers make us look like a fool when we refuse to give them one. They push for cashiers to get emails from customers, most customers are either already in the system or not interested. This resulted in most cashiers inputting fake emails to avoid hearing from management. Taking a break is looked down upon. Smokers get breaks but non smokers do not?? I pretended to smoke so that I would get a break. Customers are so so SO rude (mostly in regards to coupon policy). Minimum wage and no benefits or raises.

Coupon policy needs to be reworked. Stop being so pushy about emails. Start valuing hard workers and firing the slackers that just try and get by. Give a raise when you see a hard worker!! Praise employees more and give more encouragement where it is deserved.

Other reviews for Michaels Stores

Seriously!! Come on now.....

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Monroe, LA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Monroe, LA

Pros

Team mentality. Growth. Incentives. Arts.

Cons

Managers that think they rule the world. Stock sucks. Employees that I train don't care to learn
     No benefits for anything. Bashing.

Let your employees know they do good instead of bashing them. Stay off your phone and stop texting me to come in then cussing me out when I say I'm in school.

early mornings and hard work for little pay

Pros

I worked with some nice people

Cons

everything else was bad about the experience

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!