Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com

My Michaels Custom Framing experience.

Framer (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsEarn a little cash selling products you use yourself. If you're into more of the crafty stuff you can work as a floor operator. If you're only into fine arts supplies, working as a frame shop employee will teach you framing skills, and at the store that I worked at they also had the frame shop people help out with the fine arts supplies: oils, acrylics, brushes, pastels, etc. Getting a discount on art supplies is also a nice bonus, though it ends up being about the same cost as some local smaller stores after the employee discount. Oh well.

ConsIts a retail job. It pays like a retail job, and you'll get the customers every now and then that view you are a lesser being for holding a retail job. At the store I worked at, in the frame shop, the employees don't care enough about their work. They do a crappy job and whoever is working the day that the customer comes to pick of their frame has to deal with an unhappy customer and make apologies for their stupid coworker. The employees blame other employees for their crappy work. All employees have to take turns cleaning the bathrooms.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving employees juggle helping customers choose frame options, building the actual frames, performing general customer service, and stocking shelves/unloading warehouse isn't very efficient. If half of the frame shop workers could build frames without other distractions then production would never fall behind.

not a bad place to work

Management (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Michaels Stores

Pros: the company is growing. pretty good benefits Cons: Long hours, especially around October, November, December. Way to much… Advice to Senior Management: let the store teams do there jobs. every store has… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Worked in Framing Dept. and underpaid for skilled trade

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time

Pros: Good training and flexibility, fun team to work with. Cons: No pay increase after 1 year of work, very elderly… Advice to Senior Management: Allow room for younger employees to move up at some point,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Michaels Stores.

Worked for Michaels Stores? Contribute to the Community!