There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

As a company, it was obvious that Michaels Stores made an effort to make their employees happy.

Former Employee - Replenishment Associate
Former Employee - Replenishment Associate

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job for a college student. I worked replenishment and management worked with my schedule on days that I had class right after work (let me go early; schedule changes). It's a good environment to be in if you like crafts in any way.

Cons

If you're looking for a career, this would not be the job to have. Everyone working there, except a handful, are part time. During the summer (slow) months it is possible to work only 8-12 hours a week and can be sent home regularly.

Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores

it's not the best

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Granada Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Granada Hills, CA

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really like working around the environment I pretty much know where everything is at, it's a pretty easy job for me

Cons

the schedule is horrible, the pay isn't very good considering you're doing a lot of work in a four hour shift, don't expect full time hours that's only for management or some cem's, they play favorites a lot, If you don't make the money planned for the day and have a closing shift expect being rushed out

Advice to Management

give the people who deserve more hours more hours

2. Great if you're a cashier or sales associate

Current Employee - Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Support Specialist

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, nice customers, good hours during the holidays, pay starts a little above minimum wage.

Cons

Not enough hours year-round, hiring more people rather than giving current employees decent hours. Lied about how many hours I'd be getting if I accepted a promotion, said I could keep my current position and my promoted position so I would get more hours, then decided to cut my old position without asking what I would prefer.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to people just so you don't have to interview new people, stop hiring new people when you've got people who have been working at the store for 3+ years only getting 5.5 hours a week. Treat ALL of your employees with respect, no playing favorites.