Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com
  www.michaels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

As a company, it was obvious that Michaels Stores made an effort to make their employees happy.

Former Employee - Replenishment Associate
Former Employee - Replenishment Associate

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great job for a college student. I worked replenishment and management worked with my schedule on days that I had class right after work (let me go early; schedule changes). It's a good environment to be in if you like crafts in any way.

Cons

If you're looking for a career, this would not be the job to have. Everyone working there, except a handful, are part time. During the summer (slow) months it is possible to work only 8-12 hours a week and can be sent home regularly.

1020 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

Review of Michaels.

I worked at Michaels Stores

Pros

It was a fun place to work.

Cons

Didn't always get enough hours.

Love it!

I have been working at Michaels Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very nice co-workers and management. Everyone from the store manager down to us bottom of the food chain cashiers care about our store and work as a team. Having a good store manager and assistant manager that know how to lead effectively without being harsh, condescending or "bossy" makes working at this store a pleasure.

Cons

Constantly changing schedules from one week to another, inconsistent hours given.

More training for incoming employees instead of the sink or swim method, especially seasonal hires as the volume of customers/transactions during the holidays can be overwhelming to new workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores