Michaels Stores

www.michaels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

Michael's Arts & Crafts, the good, the bad, and corporate.

Current Employee - Head Front End Supervisor in Waco, TX
Current Employee - Head Front End Supervisor in Waco, TX

I have been working at Michaels Stores

Pros

My managers were great, they were only hindered by the corporate office. I was promoted from cashier to Lead Front End Supervisor in only 2 weeks, over employees that worked there for 3 & 5 years.
Management also sent me home when they received a phone call from my husband (on my 2nd day working there) that my 18 month old baby was being rushed to the hospital.

Cons

The corporate big wigs think they know what is best for all stores, and they do not easily or readily respond to ideas of change (for the better) from the lower employees.

Stand up to the corporate offices, with tact and care, of course.

1105 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

Pay was about the only thing I enjoyed

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Michaels Stores

Pros

Bonus payout was nice. Salary was ok. If I remember correctly, I think that the General manager, if they made they p&l for the year, got a nice bonus

Cons

Communication was poor. No room for advancement. the lack of respect for the time and efforts that the management put in there. district manager would beat you down mentally and expect miracles over night.

Get in touch with your managers of the stores. Learn what they need to succeed in the stores.

should the customer always be right?

I have been working at Michaels Stores

Pros

Regular employee reviews, generally good customer base, organized system

Cons

In any situation, management takes the side of the customer over the employee. This is probably the same for retail everywhere, but it gets depressing. It's also difficult to leave at the end of a shift, you usually end up staying later to finish things up.

A 'please the customer no matter what' policy rewards customers who throw a fit while those who follow the rules get no benefit.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores