Michelin North America
www.michelin-us.com Greenville, SC 5000+ Employees

Managed very unevenly, very much who you know

Shop Manager (Current Employee)
Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Michelin North America full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat product and reputation in the field creates a lot of pride for employees. The facilities in upstate SC are top-notch. They go a long way to make employees feel special. Pay is reasonable even though benefits are poor. The multi-national element of the company is evident and keeps perspectives fresh.

ConsWorking in the older BF Goodrich facilities guarantees you will have no work-life balance. Plan on working 50+ hours and then being on-call nights and weekends. Ethics are weak - everything is contingent on who you know. Competitors are catching up - Michelin had a joint venture with Hankook, gave them technology and then separated. Hankook will have equivalent products soon. Senior management is out of touch with reality regarding benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart fresh at the old BF Goodrich. They currently are not economically or technically viable.

Lots of opportunities for growth & development.

Greenville, SC

I have been working at Michelin North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Heavy focus on training & career development. Michelin focuses on developing peoples careers for the long… Cons: Salary is below avg & benefits are dropping. Due to financial pressure some elements of compensation package have slowly declined over the last several years.… Advice to Senior Management: Eliminate micro management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

positive

Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee)
Dothan, AL

I worked at Michelin North America full-time for more than a year

Pros: good insurance, benefits, salary, opportunities Cons: petty BUL's ( business unit leaders ) Advice to Senior Management: treat everyone the same Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Michelin North America.

Worked for Michelin North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Michelin North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Michelin North America CEO Pete Selleck . All reviews posted anonymously by Michelin North America employees.