Outstanding Place to Work

I have been working at Michigan First Credit Union

Pros

The culture is great because we are encouraged to focus exclusively on the member. Great benefits Growing company, more opportunity

Cons

We work hard and are expected to always give 5 star service. Growing so fast, sometimes hard to keep up

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good employees like me for all the growth we are experiencing. They have done a good job building the credit union and more members keep on coming. Don't worry about some disgruntled ex employees who couldn't make it and make bad comments.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good Experience but Not A Long Term Career

I have been working at Michigan First Credit Union

Pros

Pay is better than in most financial institutions. No weekends needed. Vacation time is gained quickly. Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k are exceptional.

Cons

No work/life balance, except for the weekends. The standing for 7 hours or more is very tedious and physically demanding - even pregnant tellers are required to stand the full shift. Management has their favorites, which receive better bonuses and promotions. No advancement unless you are a top seller in products. Teller's don't get paid for the amount of work they must do, must be a private investigator when it comes to check holds. Tellers are basically told to hold all checks, if a check comes back NSF, that's an automatic verbal reprimand, write up and possibly termination. Limits for tellers are horrible, limits aren't raised regardless of tenure if a check comes back.

Advice to Management

Put yourselves in the position of the workers and actually listen to your employees. Offer advancement based on the person's actual skills not based on them just selling products.

2. Very unhappy.

I have been working at Michigan First Credit Union

Pros

No weekends, workday ends at five.

Cons

The company culture is oppressive.