Michigan Works! Berrien-Cass-Van Buren

www.miworks.org

Good springboard job

Career Developer (Current Employee)

ProsThe office that I work in has a great environment and sense of teamwork. We all pitch in to get the job done even if that means having to step outside your box. They are very supportive of work/life balance and realize that sometimes you have to take time off to keep your sanity in check. Overall the organization has a great mission and feel to it.

ConsPeople tend to be promoted and recognized based on looks and who they know in upper management. Employees who work in outlying sites tend to get little to no recognition and communication of internal changes does not get relayed to outlying sites. The organization is constantly changing, which is great, but those changes have to be relayed effectively to the people doing the job. Additionally, we tend to get an "intern" on board who is a relative of someone in management and then all of a sudden they end up in a upper management position. Weird how that happens.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit promoting people because you know them or they are relative. Promote from within as much as possible. Spend more time investing in those employees who are going to offer a good return on investment and who actually do their job and do it well.

Personally and professionally rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Michigan Works! Berrien-Cass-Van Buren

Pros: Knowing you are helping people improve their lives by providing education and career coaching was great,… Cons: The problems created by state funding and leadership changes were the worst. Constant monitoring and program measurements that didn't provide incentive or… Advice to Senior Management: Do the right thing. Be entrepreneurial and innovative. Listen to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great job for a great cause!

Director of Community Relations (Current Employee) Benton Harbor, MI

I have been working at Michigan Works! Berrien-Cass-Van Buren

Pros: We are a very progressive, non-profit workforce development organization that provides free services to employers, jobseekers, and youth in Southwest… Cons: We change a lot and it's hard to keep up sometimes. We some times struggle to make sure everyone throughout the… Advice to Senior Management: Leadership should continue to be open to postive and negative feedback from… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Michigan Works! Berrien-Cass-Van Buren.

Worked for Michigan Works! Berrien-Cass-Van Buren? Contribute to the Community!