Micro Center

www.microcenter.com
  www.microcenter.com
There are newer employer reviews for Micro Center

fantastic place to grow and meet great people!

Former Employee - Peripheral Sales in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Peripheral Sales in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Micro Center

Pros

awesome pay, commission based, fantastic team members!

Cons

not everyone is all that proud to work there, but many are

none

170 Other Employee Reviews for Micro Center (View Most Recent)

Would still be there if given the raises and promotions promised.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sharonville, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sharonville, OH

I worked at Micro Center

Pros

I was promoted from Cashier to CSR. I was also working in the cash office as one of the few employees who could actually count money.

Cons

I was paid very little and promised a raise and overrides I was not given because the previous lady who was both in the cash office and a CSR stole. The lady was caught on camera I am much more honest and worked a lot harder for the company was not given the full raise I was promised despite working many hours of overtime and even training front end managers. One sarcastic front end manager said I was making almost as much as her and should get over it. Well that sucks for her but I had way more computer skills than her, more knowledge worked harder more efficiently and faster they lost a good employee.

Do what you say. Trust employees or at least keep the cameras on and give the good ones the opportunity to prove themselves.

Horrible management.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Madison Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Madison Heights, MI

I worked at Micro Center

Pros

Discounts on computer parts, tools, and other equipment was descent. Insight into new technologies making their way to the market place.

Cons

Scheduling was a joke. Management was horrible. I was what is referred to as a team lead. My job was to micromanage between management and lower level associates, while making the same pay as lower lever associates, having more responsibility, and getting yelled at for their mistakes.

STOP with the micromanaging. Stop treating your employees like their easily replaceable. Start treating people with respect instead of like theyre children.

There are newer employer reviews for Micro Center