Micro Center

www.microcenter.com
  www.microcenter.com
There are newer employer reviews for Micro Center

Great place for a motivated person to work and succeed.

Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Micro Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees are rewarded and recognized for hard work and ambition. If you are willing to put in the work, there is no limit to the amount of money that you can make. If you show that you want something in the company, you will be given a chance to succeed in that position. Management is very accessible to employees and will listen to ideas and try to implement them where ever possible.

Cons

There aren't really any cons that I can think of. Employers that pay based on performance are very rare, but Micro Center is definitely one of them.

176 Other Employee Reviews for Micro Center (View Most Recent)

If you are going to work in retail, this is one of the best places to be.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Micro Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company with steady growth and engaged management. Limited layers between the top of the company and the stores enables better communication, flexible response to changes in the market and make it easier to understand the directions the company takes. Still adding new stores.

Cons

Due to stability and long-term employment, upward mobility can be slow past a certain level. Low margin business and lack of levels can limit income to a point. But if the choice is between hgh income and easier family life, I choose family.

As the company grows, keep to the culture that got us here as best we can.

Excellent place to work and grow

Current Employee - Manager in Yonkers, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Yonkers, NY

I have been working at Micro Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company feels like an extended family. It is truly a learning environment that encourages mentoring , brainstorming and individual development that in turn grows the organization! The company truly respects work life balance. Internal and external customers alike are respected and treated like an asset. Exciting place to work. Upper management has a clear vision and an ethical approach to doing business.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say

There are newer employer reviews for Micro Center