There are newer employer reviews for Micro Center

Great place for a motivated person to work and succeed.

Current Employee - Sales  in  Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Sales in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Micro Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees are rewarded and recognized for hard work and ambition. If you are willing to put in the work, there is no limit to the amount of money that you can make. If you show that you want something in the company, you will be given a chance to succeed in that position. Management is very accessible to employees and will listen to ideas and try to implement them where ever possible.

Cons

There aren't really any cons that I can think of. Employers that pay based on performance are very rare, but Micro Center is definitely one of them.

155 Other Employee Reviews for Micro Center (View Most Recent)

If you are going to work in retail, this is one of the best places to be.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Micro Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Stable company with steady growth and engaged management. Limited layers between the top of the company and the stores enables better communication, flexible response to changes in the market and make it easier to understand the directions the company takes. Still adding new stores.

Cons

Due to stability and long-term employment, upward mobility can be slow past a certain level. Low margin business and lack of levels can limit income to a point. But if the choice is between hgh income and easier family life, I choose family.

As the company grows, keep to the culture that got us here as best we can.

Great Place for a determined person

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Micro Center full-time

Pros

I've stayed with the company for over a decade.
    The opportunities are limitless if you are hard working and determined. Although the schedules are not set, I view it as a Pro because it gives me flexibility to schedule personal things, like appointments, etc without the need to use any absences. It is also easy to request schedules for the specific needs, like college classes, which helped me a lot.
    Some of the people I work with have been here since this location opened back in 1995 and that speaks volumes especially in the retail industry.
    Some of my co-workers have gone all the way to the top starting either as cashiers, entry-level sale or warehouse clerks.

Cons

It's retail, so have to work every Black Friday and can't take vacation around Christmas but this comes with the territory, so not a big deal.

Great Work!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Micro Center

Worked for Micro Center? Contribute to the Community!