There are newer employer reviews for MicroEdge

Underpaid but gained a ton of experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get to work on high-level projects that I wouldn't be exposed to in the same role at most other companies. Good group of colleagues for the most part. CEO, CFO are great to work with.

Cons

Underpaid with little to no room for promotion They espouse the fact that they're owned by Vista and there are job opportunities due to this relationship, however, there is never any mention of job openings in other Vista companies so it is more like a PR line they give new employees. I work more than my manager does (but paid considerably less)

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more if you're serious about retaining talent, pay attention to whether your managers are truly effective (not all are)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Small company feel with large company expectations

Current Employee - Manager in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Edina, MN

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get to make a big impact - even in entry-level roles. There are opportunities for growth for those who are willing to make the effort and take the initiative. Senior leadership is accessible and open to suggestions. People are good at their jobs, hard-working and genuinely nice!

Cons

As a smaller company, resources are sometimes tight.

Advice to Management

Stay accessible and visible - your interactions are invaluable.

Management of employees = major issue for this company.

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Edina, MN

I worked at MicroEdge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Fun/good people in the MN office. NY is a completely different story.

Cons

Poor management. Unprofessional. Customers call in to the helpdesk to report issues and rather than being assisted right away, they are given a ticket # and promised a call back w/in 2 hours. Not good customer service.

Advice to Management

Be more professional. Don't call other employees names or talk behind their backs in meetings and when the person isn't present. ASK your employees how they are doing every once in a while as opposed to just telling them they're doing well. Employees need to be critiqued Have your management team go through continuous management training/education.

MicroEdge Response

Dec 11, 2013 – SR Manager HR & Recruiting

I'm sorry you had this experience, and would like to talk to you about it. Will you email me? whauser@microedge.com We're doing some additional training for our managers, and hope this addresses ... More