There are newer employer reviews for MicroEdge

Great opportunity to work alongside a varied workforce

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Able to interact with a broad section of the company and partner with multiple teams. Fellow employees are very welcoming of new hires and there is not the typical "seniority attitude" seen in so many other companies. Individuals are actually valued for their opinions and encouraged to find new ways of doing things.

Cons

Salary is not the highest, but the benefits are good. What they lack in significant pay they make up in an aggressive work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Balance out the attention paid to both office. Can feel at times that the concentration is on MN over NY. You get the feeling that at any time an announcement will come that everything will be moving to MN.

Apr 3, 2014 – SR Manager HR & Recruiting

Thanks for the thoughtful review! We've been working behind the scenes on the NY office build out - wait'll you see it. Would love to hear other ideas: whauser@microedge.com

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to start a career

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- You get to really know the people that you work with. We are all working in some capacity toward a bigger goal, our mission is really to help the philanthropic community thrive and succeed. The people that are most successful here are those that keep that in mind. - You get a lot more experience than you would at a larger company. - The people that work here are really great at their jobs, and are really good mentors toward the younger staff. - They have a good benefits package. - You get to meet and interact with most of upper management depending on what office you work in. - Room for advancement if you seek it out.

Cons

- Sometimes the work load can be overwhelming. -The pay is on the low side. - I wish that more money were spent on fun activities for the office.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Give them more of your time and resources if you want them to be more successful. Show them that you care about them.

Dec 11, 2013 – SR Manager HR & Recruiting

Thanks for the thoughtful review! -Whitney

Great place to work at one time- but no longer

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at MicroEdge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working in the philanthropic community Close relationships with clients CEO is a decent guy (but on his way out)

Cons

Used to be a family atmosphere here, even as part of Advent Software. Clients paid premium prices but got decent value. After acquisition by Vista it became "all about the money". Clients now pay through the nose and have to deal with young, inexperienced employees who earn very little. The company shows little loyalty towards its employees or clients.

Advice to Management

Hire some people who clients can respect- not kids who know nothing about the field Pay reasonable wages Don't force employees to sign abusive non-compete agreements

Dec 11, 2013 – SR Manager HR & Recruiting

I'd like to talk to you about your experiences and how you think we can improve things - will you email me? whauser@microedge -Whitney