Micron Technology

www.micron.com

A traditional American company that is working its way to be an international player

Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer  in  Manassas, VA
Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Manassas, VA

Pros

I enjoyed the culture and am glad to see the top management are working on improving competitiveness and listening to employees. Semiconductor industry is a tough industry with major players in Asia where there is no work/life balance so it makes more challenge for US company to compete.

Cons

Depending on what group you are in and who are your managers, the micro climate can be different. Career advancement in manufactory for people with advanced degree is limited. Sometimes there is too much red tapes but it is improving. However the efficiency still needs to improve in order to compete with Asian players.

Performance shall be rewarded by result and top performer should be rewarded properly to encourage and motivate employees.

Other reviews for Micron Technology

Wasted career potential

Current Employee - Engineer II  in  Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Manassas, VA

Pros

The starting salary is not bad, especially in a bad economy where so many people can't get a job at all.

Cons

Boring to the extreme. 12 hour night shifts are hard. Those people who play politics the best win, while those who perform yet lack in the political arena will not get ahead. But get ahead to what? I see nothing around me that makes me interested in going to do that thing. I have been attempting to escape from Micron for a number of years but the job market is tough and I apparently have no/few marketable engineering skills with which to sell myself to an prospective employer. This place makes me wish I had never gone to college. I could have done so much more with my engineering career had I not gotten sucked in by the starting salary of this dead end career. Actually just a job, not a career as I define the word. And I forgot to mention the micromanagement thing which is prevalent at least in the group I am in. I have learned to just smile, as best I can, and say "yes boss". Strong, opinionated, mission focused persons need not apply. Yes men will be rewarded.

don't hire engineers to do non-engineering work.
    Micron values: all talk. I do not see the walk.
    Continuous improvement should be more of a reality and less of a slogan to sell to whomever you wish to buy it. I don't see it.

Product Engineer

Current Employee - Product Engineer  in  Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Boise, ID

Pros

Cost of living and job security

Cons

Place, Politics and inflexible work culture

Be fair on employee appraisal

There are newer employer reviews for Micron Technology.

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!