There are newer employer reviews for Micron Technology

Great Internship for Idaho

Current Employee - Accounting Intern  in  Boise, ID
Current Employee - Accounting Intern in Boise, ID

I have been working at Micron Technology as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-Pay is very competitive for interns
-Excellent facilities and welcoming employees
-Allow you to be proactive and treat you as if you're going to stay
-Upper management takes time to meet interns

Cons

-Depending on department, interns will/will not have a great experience. Micron is a company of engineers and accounting/finance feel looked down upon
-work/life balance of employees... come in early and leave later than needful

-Keep supporting the interns!

482 Other Employee Reviews for Micron Technology (View Most Recent)

Good place to start

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Analyst in Boise, ID

I worked at Micron Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good place to get a job right out of college. I was able to learn a lot about the real world work environment, and was able to apply some of what I learned in college.

Cons

If you let them, they will work you to the bone. Once you are moved from hourly to salary, you will be expected to work 60+ hours per week. Managers and supervisors will take the quantity of hours you spend in the office, rather than quality of work, into consideration during reviews.

Generally speaking, it appeared as though people spent more time looking to place blame on others for things that went wrong, rather than fixing problems. If you take a position at Micron, expect to be "thrown under the bus" quite frequently.

While employed at Micron, I felt that the executive management team did a great job of driving the company to be successful.

Director and management level professionals are worked so hard that, and spend so much time putting out fires, it seems that they have a difficult time doing the job they were hired to do, unless they work 60 - 80 hours per week.

Production supervisors, in my opinion were no more than babysitters. It appeared as though most were promoted because somebody liked them, not because of their capabilities. My experience was that the supervisors were unable (or unwilling) to help their employees

Great Company

Current Employee - Product Engineer  in  Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Boise, ID

I have been working at Micron Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Engaging people and projects on the cutting edge of technology. Challenging issues from lithography and process to reliability and overall product quality. Northwest great place to live and work.

Cons

Work life balance always a challenge when your career aspirations can drive skew this balance heavily to work side of the scales.

In 10+yrs I have never seen such an effort in management and leadership to make a really good company, a really great company. Lots of efforts around focus and alignment to insure we are a viable company for the future and communicating this to the team members regularly.

There are newer employer reviews for Micron Technology

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!