why you should work at Micron Technology

Current Employee - Applications Engineer  in  Boise, ID
Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Boise, ID

I have been working at Micron Technology

Pros

large amount of vacation time, good work environment, competitive pay, reasonable benefits package. Good, safe area to live and raise a family.

Cons

Some departments are not very good about letting employees transfer within the company. This is a mystery. This should be one of the pros of a large company.

Make sure you recognize for extra effort, like working more than 40 hours per week, not expect employees to work 50 hours or they are considered to not be pulling their weight.

Other Reviews for Micron Technology

No raises, poor benefits and no advancement

Former Employee - Senior Equipment Technician  in  Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Equipment Technician in Manassas, VA

I worked at Micron Technology

Pros

They do allow you as a technician or engineer to take some level of risks, not everything is done as per a documented guideline, there is some reward in that.

Cons

Micron won't admit that the downturn is over and there's opportunity out there. They did not give me a raise in 4 years of employment. Rather, they forced me to salary so that they had complete control over me. Benefits continue to get stripped from the employees and the health care package is one of the worst I've seen. Select people get put on the fast track and their promotions outpace everyone else's by a rate of 3 or 4 to 1. If you just want to get some 300mm experience and use them as a stepping stone, that's all I would recommend. Micron is not a place to grow your career or advance, unless you know the right managers and can get in with the right crowd.

Wake up and start treating employees like people, not numbers! Benefits need to return and raises need to be granted.

working at micron

Current Employee - Senior Tech  in  Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Senior Tech in Boise, ID

I have been working at Micron Technology

Pros

good pay for this valley, college was paid for by micron, good advancement oppertunities, so far a great work enviroment, look forward to going to work

Cons

some benifits have been cut or lost due to the economy, i guess it was necessary to get micron back to being profitable

just continue to keep us informed and make orrect decisions to keep micron in bussiness and in the tresure valley

There are newer employer reviews for Micron Technology.

Worked for Micron Technology? Contribute to the Community!