It was fantastic

Current Employee - Program Manager Intern in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Program Manager Intern in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

The internship program is obviously designed to fix any problems before they occur. I had very clear project expectations, lots of positive feedback, great working conditions, and excellent compensation.

Cons

The only major downside was the fact my project had trouble finding programmers to actually implement the planned feature, but my manager compensated very well.

Advice to Management

It's hard to think of any way to improve - my overall experience was amazing. I guess the major problem is trying to coordinate so many projects in so many discrete departments.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. One of the top places in the software industry

Current Employee - Support Escalation Engineer in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Support Escalation Engineer in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

-Variety of jobs available across different campuses -Excellent benefits -Best of the best; some of the brightest work here -Incredible research opportunities -Breadth of products across different industries

Cons

-Too much process getting in the way -Politics and based on department, there can be a disconnect with upper management -Performance reviews are highly competitive and the metrics are not always clear. -Bulk of jobs are in NW Seattle area -Management does not pay too much attention to attrition whether it is good or bad.

Advice to Management

Value your employees

mixed ..

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft

Pros

great company good benefits compared to others. Alot of direct responsibility to get things done wihtin a smaller group this will vary depending on the scope of the project though.

Cons

solid company, great benefits compared to others in the industry but if you are - at the wrong level - wrong group - dont manage up well - fall off the "yes" band wagon your doomed. too many stealth layoffs occuring to stay under the WARN levels.

Advice to Management

fix review model, get rid of some of the dead weight in mid-mgmt, help employees who are clearly being mismanaged