It was fantastic

Current Employee - Program Manager Intern  in  Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Program Manager Intern in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

The internship program is obviously designed to fix any problems before they occur. I had very clear project expectations, lots of positive feedback, great working conditions, and excellent compensation.

Cons

The only major downside was the fact my project had trouble finding programmers to actually implement the planned feature, but my manager compensated very well.

It's hard to think of any way to improve - my overall experience was amazing. I guess the major problem is trying to coordinate so many projects in so many discrete departments.

Other Reviews for Microsoft

Amazing place to grow skills and a career

Current Employee - Director  in  Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

We make big things happen every day. Innovative people, great products, profound impact on society. Smart people, cool technologies, learn something new every day.

Cons

It can be demotivating to read the perspectives some people have of Microsoft - which are often based on how Microsoft behaved ten years ago, rather than the company it is today.

The job title that can mean anything...

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

At Microsoft Corp, many jobs are completely unique. This is great if you have a strong personality, work well with others, and can define your own work around what's best for the company.

Cons

There are good managers and bad managers within Microsoft. If you have a good manager they will support you and help you develop professionally and find rewarding work. If you have a lousy manager, you very likely won't last in the company... But they will.

Do more to evaluate the managers. Be willing to get rid of bad managers, because they have the power to make entire workgroups unhappy.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!