Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,033 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Amazing learning experience

Research Intern (Former Employee)
Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft as an intern for less than a year

ProsFirst, the work atmosphere is motivating, providing a lot of opportunities to learn both the technical knowledge and how the industrial research works. Second, my boss was very helpful, providing a precise advice and guidance for the project I was working on. Finally, the most rewarding part was an opportunity to make a lasting influence, by working on a project that got shipped with the next version of Windows operating system.

ConsThe only downside I can think of is the nature of research that requires short term to mid-term benefits. For people who would prefer more fundamental, but riskier research plans Microsoft research might not be the best place to be. Although, that might not apply in general, but only for the unit I was involved in.

Still a great company

Program Manager II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits. Good career opportunities. Cons: competitive, ok work life balance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great People and Great Company

Principal Software Delevoper Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: good w/l ballance wide range of opportunities throught the carrer ... freedom and options to move from kernel development to Machine Learning in Search company invests in… Cons: Several Products need better vision. Advice to Senior Management: Request toptallent (rating 1) to give their vision of the product they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Microsoft – Why Work for Us?

What do you want in a job? Do you want more than a paycheck? At Microsoft, you can discover potential you didn’t know you had, push your limits, turn your ideas into reality and make a real impact on the industry and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.