Microsoft

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Amazing learning experience

Former Employee - Research Intern in Redmond, WA
Former Employee - Research Intern in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

First, the work atmosphere is motivating, providing a lot of opportunities to learn both the technical knowledge and how the industrial research works. Second, my boss was very helpful, providing a precise advice and guidance for the project I was working on. Finally, the most rewarding part was an opportunity to make a lasting influence, by working on a project that got shipped with the next version of Windows operating system.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is the nature of research that requires short term to mid-term benefits. For people who would prefer more fundamental, but riskier research plans Microsoft research might not be the best place to be. Although, that might not apply in general, but only for the unit I was involved in.

9002 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

Fantastic employer with and focus on customers and results

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Team is very close-knit and there are lots of morale events. People work hard and are extremely passionate about what they do. The pay and benefits are very good and the management strives for high results and driving forward the company's vision. As an intern, the opportunities to meet with senior executives and technical leaders is unparalleled. There is also a passion for quality that I have not seen at other companies that I have worked for.

Cons

Work sometimes gets stressful and sometimes there is not enough collaboration between teams. Products are not marketed well enough and technically superior products like Azure are not market leaders.

Don't be afraid to make great products visible to the world. Spend more resources on strategic projects like Azure and Windows Phone and make them succeed.

Best employer

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a working mom, I have experienced a great positive energy working for an employer like Microsoft. I enjoy coming back to work every morning.

Cons

There are no cons to working for this giant software company

A better compensation and even better recognition to the employees should be considered

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft