Microsoft

Microsoft Rocks

Current Employee - Analyst in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Analyst in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

You are in control of your destiny. I have built my dream job at Microsoft. There are days that I find myself sitting at my desk and it is getting dark out because I lose track of time. I am challenged and feel like I am making a highly valuable contribution - something I never imageined could happen for one person in a very large company.

Cons

It is a big company. The first 3 months are the hardest, you have to learn a new job and a new working culture, once you get past that it is really easy. It is competitive, you are working with some of the smartest people in the industry and some days that can be hard...in other words you never go to work and rest on your laurels, we are very innovative - I sometimes wonder if I will run out of new ideas, which is silly because I have so many concepts to incubate that I will never run out of things to do or think.

Seniro Management, that is a tough one, I like what is going on for the most part with the company and direction. I would like two things, research roles to be merit based also not tied so tightly to phds and a program to incubate partnerships across product, service or IT teams - this is a big company and I think we need to promote concepts within better cross collaboratively.

8771 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

microsoft is one of the strongest and best corps to work for, and hard word is very needed and rewarded

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

- strong career focus and growth
    - great impact on the industry
    - enormous opportunities within the company on all levels, technical, professions
    - excellent family benefits

Cons

- all roles are too specialized, sometimes its nice to get a broad perspective
    - not all teams or divisions have the same strong career or strong project management culture
    - very little technical documentation, making onboarding new employees very difficult and frustrating

continue the strong career focus, fix windows's project management issues, allow for more creative interaction between divisions

A great company!

Former Employee - Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft

Pros

You are valued, your input matters. They encourage individual thinking and ideas. People listen, the benefits are great, you work highly intelligent people. Its a great experience. I love going to work every day. Its exciting to see all the new products being developed and then their launch parties. Havign access to EVERYONE is awesome, when I find a bug I am able to report it and get it fixed. If I think something is wierd about a program I can get in touch with the person in charge of that feature and let him know my thoughts. It's excellent.

Cons

You can sometimes get into working some crazy hours that throw the work life balance out of whack. You are working for the giant. There are a few bad eggs, but that is likely at all companies.

ASK YOUR STOCKHoLDERS AND EMPLOYEES BEFORE MAKING MOVES LIKE TRYING TO BUY YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft