Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,472 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Very stable, great place to grow yet coast.

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
Bellevue, WA

ProsGreat benefits (salary, insurance, perks)
Lots of seasoned developers and leads to work with and learn from

ConsMicrosoft is a machine. There are tons of people at the company, and it's sometimes hard to feel like you've made an individual impact. Career growth is possible but you have to align heavily with your manager. Don't get too attached to any of your products because all of the higher ups are good at playing the alignment game. They will turn on a dime and leave you wondering why you wrote all that code for the past 6 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing. What Microsoft does works for Microsoft. It's up to the individual to understand this process and choose if it's right for them.

Awesome

Senior Development Lead (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Smart people, respect for diversity, giving campaign Cons: Slow, too big, not innovative Advice to Senior Management: Become more agile Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great work environment on high impact products that touch millions of users around the globe.

Product Planner (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for less than a year

Pros: Results oriented. Relaxed work environment. Competitive salary. Great sense of community. Easy job search… Cons: Based in Redmond. At times, hindered by legacy products and… Advice to Senior Management: I would like to see the upgrade cycle look more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.