WIndows phone specific

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Microsoft is large and stable. Windows phone is a new product with potential

Cons

Windows phone is very political and certain groups within windows phone more so. Lots of emails and noise. too much rat race stuff like send more emails and ppts to be visible. Not much flexibility in certain groups. Do what your boss tells ya or suffer the consequences. Stack ranking review system causes people to sometimes worry about themselves and also causes good employees to fall in low ratings. You cannot move groups within microsoft if you have a low rating so if for some reason your manager doesnt like you and gave you a bad rating, you are stuck with him or you quit the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company, but I was in a hostile work environment so left a lot to be desired.

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, great people for the most part. Interesting work, fast paced and very diverse. Many perks, great campus and overall a good place to work.

Cons

Several people in leadership roles acted like children much of the time. Corporate VP was a loud mouth who had a permanent strain in his arm from patting himself on the back for work other did. GM in my group was so biased that I was amazed at her conduct. I'm glad I'm no longer there.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people that act like little kids during meetings.

2. Very comfortable company to work for.

Former Employee - User Experience Lead in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - User Experience Lead in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stability Focus on your growth Wide range of experiences at your finger tips Ability to drive your own career path without leaving the company Great people to work with.

Cons

It's large and moves slow if your passionate about what your doing. It's hierarchical and you have to be willing to play that game if you want to move up in your career. It can lul you to sleep in your job if you do not pay attention.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers. They have fresh insight into something you may have been looking at for to long.