There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Short but valuable experience

Former Contractor - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Wrocław (Poland)

I worked at Microsoft as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Chance to work with very skilled people, challenging projects, focus on technical self development, chance to work on high visibility projects, great work atmosphere, free soft drinks in the office

Cons

unreasonable management decisions, frequent necessity of maintenance of old legacy code, limited possibilities for influencing product development

reviews filtered by
  1. It's a perfect company

Former Intern - Software Developer in Tongzhou, Beijing (China)
    Former Intern - Software Developer in Tongzhou, Beijing (China)

I worked at Microsoft as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

This company has good work experiment and the salary there is also very high. Workers there are very nice and your mentors can teach you a lot of useful things not only in the coding area.

Cons

I don't think there is any downsides to working for MS, because I stay there not very long and what I met there are all awesome.

Chance to touch the future in a rewarding environment, but a review system that is like "Corporate hunger games"

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

Amazing career options for anyone, the ability to be deep (or not) deep in technology, making a difference, smartest people around

Cons

Management slow to change, the review system has to go, poor alignment between P&L's and SMS/G.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft