Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,478 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Microsoft is high drive where enough is never enough.

Program Manager II (Former Employee)
Redmond, WA

Proswork with crazy smart people. it's rare you would ever hear someone say "that is not my job." The phrase "work hard, play hard" sums up my experience. At times you will work long hours and other times can have a more balanced life.

Consit's a big company and takes a lot of meetings to get things done. The review model pretty much is a bummer. Good is rarely good enough. If you do the job you were hired to do and do it well, you will only get an average review.

Advice to Senior Managementyou need to do a better job embracing customer service. Upper management will talk about the customer being centric to what we do, but reality we are so focused on our internal processes, the customer, at times gets lost.

SDE

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for less than a year

Pros: Professional working environmental Flexible working time Great benefit Cons: Changing to open offices which provide less space of working Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Only the best and brightest will thrive!

Senior Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: - Great work life balance - Awesome peer group - Fantastic benefits -… Cons: - Performance rating system can be improved Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.