Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Good Compensation, Crappy Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary and good (though degrading) benefits. Fair extras ( but also degrading bonus and stock compensation.) Good focus on internal training. Typical upsides related to a large corporation. Broad, varied, and at times, interesting product base.

ConsCrappy and dated people management philosophy. The company is rotting from the head and is handling middle age poorly. If there is no Ballmer transition plan already in the works -- they are probably in long term trouble.

Advice to Senior ManagementWall street and the professional market have declared their lack of faith in Ballmer's leadership for almost a decade. Internal polls have echoed much the same - especially at the Partner level - and tend to go unheeded. Microsoft is a different place then when it was the Billg oligarchy and needs to adapt or die. It's too big, and has too important a role yet to play to not repair itself.

Best job to date.

Seasonal Administrator (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Microsoft as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Subsidized cafeteria, free minerals/tea/coffee stations located around building. Relaxed work environment, casual work wear. Staff very friendly.… Cons: Work late hours at end of fiscal period. Overtime pay for temporary employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Probably one of the best employers in the world

Operations Program Manager (Current Employee) Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros: flexible working environment opportunities for self development Cons: the size of the company makes it hard to keep… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!