Microsoft

www.microsoft.com
There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Great place to intern, not sure if I'd want to stay there

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Intern in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft

Pros

Solid, stable company. Hey, in this economy, that's nothing to sneeze at. The impression that I have is that (in spite of the layoffs) that's still more or less the case.
As an intern I found that the company policy was very open towards interns -- I was surprised and impressed at the knowledge available to me and the trust placed in me.

Cons

I found that
And seriously, free food would go miles towards a more awesome work environment.
As an intern I found that the full time employees assigned to work with me were preoccupied with their real jobs to the exclusion of helping me out; however, this might have been a peculiarity of my group or situation, or possibly I should have reached out more myself, as I know other interns did not find this to be the case.

Encourage the big-picture openness of communication to filter down to the little things where it really matters.

8984 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

Great place to work -- with challenges

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

benefits and opportunity to work on global issues
    company truly cares about the people of the world and how to help

Cons

Lack of respect and opportunity for senior hires

apply greater effort to harvesting the expertise of the senior "not grown here" hires - company can exhibit tunnel vision due to too many people of influence having their only experience as working at Microsoft.

Microsoft features amazing people and deep investment in employee experience/development

Current Employee - Director in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

amazingly talented and smart people, company really invests in its employees (development, benefits), unparalleled breadth of career opportunity

Cons

Culture is learning how to hire/work with people in remote locations

Work together more and share your plans more broadly

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft