Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

The real Microsoft

Senior Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsMicrosoft, at least in STB, is a great place to work, great products, very good senior leadership and a great engagement with customers, partners and community.

ConsCompany structure and politics leads to a lot of time wasted and products shipped that show the seams of the company. A SteveB level restructure is needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure into 5 groups, get rid of peripheral distractions, stop focusing on the consumer stuff so much - we are not Apple so stop trying to be.

Learning

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It was a great experience, I learned a lot Cons: Yes men, no one wants to stand on their own Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to the kids No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company in retail

Teacher (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Retail is a less then desirable field but its nice to find a company that makes the field easy… Cons: Retail is retail, hours are long and change every week. Review is for the retail… Advice to Senior Management: When possible set hours helps especially if you can. Not giving a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!