Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,479 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

The Good & the Bad of Msft....

Account Executive (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsLarge Company, Lots of Marketing People, Funds set aside to help Market Products, Lots of Products, Long history of relationships with customers, Msft even has Financing options available to customers to make "deals' happen (ie 0% for 6-12 months). Good health benefits. Good match in 401k.

ConsTrying to move up in large company is nearly impossible, seems the manager turnover only penalizes the FTE even more because then there no "current advocates" for FTE when it comes time for Annual Review and Stock Award. Annual Review Process is stacked against 80% of the workers. Good people lose in the Annual Review Process.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the way you evaluate FTEs.

Gt

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good work environment good benefit good food Cons: Bad work hours, competitive bad weather bad roads Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

If you're an engineer, it's like working at Disneyland

Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: 1) Very smart, knowledgeable coworkers. You can definitely learn from your team mates. 2) Many interesting projects to choose from. No matter what part… Cons: 1) If you are used to being the smartest and most capable developer in your company, that won't be true anymore. Your coworkers will… Advice to Senior Management: Scrap the evaluation system. If you put together a team of 10 superstars,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.