Microsoft

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Great company in retail

Current Employee - Teacher in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Teacher in Denver, CO

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Retail is a less then desirable field but its nice to find a company that makes the field easy to live in. Great benefits for a retailer especially in a time when most are cutting benefits to save money.

Cons

Retail is retail, hours are long and change every week. Review is for the retail division, opportunity to advance is rare. Recruitment focuses outside the company not at promoting within.

When possible set hours helps especially if you can. Not giving a set schedule just because you don't want them to get used to it.

8654 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

Great company with amazing benefits.

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great culture. Great coworkers. Its a job where I look forward to work. Can't say that about most jobs. My coworkers make it fun.

Cons

Stressful at times. But this is true of most jobs. Sometimes you just need to take a nice break and give yourself some time to relax.

Get on the same page. Sometimes management is on different pages its sometimes hard to know what's going on.

Microsoft is a great place to work - great benefits & advancement opportunities!

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pros are the benefits and the advancement opportunities. The health care changed this year but it's still better than most places. They also focus on your career and advancement which is great! It's also a casual dress environment which I personally love!

Cons

The cons are the work-life-balance. Most people seem to always be busy and the amount of meetings and email is unreal!

Have more job-share, part-time or telework opportunities and focus more on work-life-balance. I know it's a top priority in some orgs but could have even more focus and creative solutions.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft