Great company in retail

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Teacher in Denver, CO

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Retail is a less then desirable field but its nice to find a company that makes the field easy to live in. Great benefits for a retailer especially in a time when most are cutting benefits to save money.

Cons

Retail is retail, hours are long and change every week. Review is for the retail division, opportunity to advance is rare. Recruitment focuses outside the company not at promoting within.

When possible set hours helps especially if you can. Not giving a set schedule just because you don't want them to get used to it.

Other Reviews for Microsoft

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer  in  Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, great pay & benefits. The management on my team is phenomenal at recognizing the strengths of each individual and giving assignments based on those. I really like being able to work from home when I need. Additionally, I haven't been forced to work nights or weekends once my entire career.

Cons

I don't really like living in Redmond, and there aren't too many opportunities to work in other cities if you are a technical engineer.

The real Microsoft

Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager  in  Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Microsoft, at least in STB, is a great place to work, great products, very good senior leadership and a great engagement with customers, partners and community.

Cons

Company structure and politics leads to a lot of time wasted and products shipped that show the seams of the company. A SteveB level restructure is needed.

Restructure into 5 groups, get rid of peripheral distractions, stop focusing on the consumer stuff so much - we are not Apple so stop trying to be.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!