Microsoft

www.microsoft.com
  www.microsoft.com
There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

SDE at Microsoft, Redmond

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice People, Nice Campus, Nice City, Nice Climate

Cons

Cloudy days are too many!

8789 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

Great company

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Open and respectful culture. Satisfactory salary. Good work environment.

Cons

A little rigit report lines and team structure. Too many re-organizations.

More opportunities for remote subsidy.

Sad company, 100% political, No more a Innovative company, Don't ruin your life here

Former Employee - Technical Lead in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Lead in Redmond, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A decent paycheck & good benefits to run your family better.
    Considering windows share more than 80% of world OS, you can see interesting tech products every two years.
    You can change organisations if you are not screwed with stack ranking
    When joining negotiate and get a job with higher level because once you join growth is very slow

Cons

I had great respect for Microsoft when I joined. I turned down Google for Microsoft. This is what I get from Microsoft for that.

i) No value to real work.
    ii) Talk, talk and talk BS. Add politics to it and you will grow.
    iii) Company is full of managers who are C+ or B+. The only task of these people are play politics, stab on other people and grow. A completely disgusting culture.
    iv) People with passion for Microsoft are home grown. Typically they are freshers join the company and fed with Microsoft biased videos. These noob's eventually create the creepy culture inside Microsoft.
    v) Company management dont care for people. They fire people easily for no reason.
    vi) Don't expect to get a amazing job elsewhere because of MS brand. This is no more respected anymore. Companies like Google or Apple rock in this matter.
    Work life balance sucks if you are in lower level.

( LAST one ) Microsoft has a stack ranking system. Its screws up 50% of people even if you are the best. 50% of company is walking dead who hate their job. Now imagine the company with this culture. If you are the best look elsewhere because Microsoft is not for the BEST

Screw your management. Fire Balmer. Put Balmer on stack ranking system and make him feel he is in the lower 20%. Yes get him fired too. would love to see him jumping like a mad dog.

I can never recommend Microsoft as A+ company anymore. If you get offer from Google, go there.

There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft