There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Great company with amazing benefits.

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Great coworkers. Its a job where I look forward to work. Can't say that about most jobs. My coworkers make it fun.

Cons

Stressful at times. But this is true of most jobs. Sometimes you just need to take a nice break and give yourself some time to relax.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page. Sometimes management is on different pages its sometimes hard to know what's going on.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Microsoft is a great place to work - great benefits & advancement opportunities!

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros are the benefits and the advancement opportunities. The health care changed this year but it's still better than most places. They also focus on your career and advancement which is great! It's also a casual dress environment which I personally love!

Cons

The cons are the work-life-balance. Most people seem to always be busy and the amount of meetings and email is unreal!

Advice to Management

Have more job-share, part-time or telework opportunities and focus more on work-life-balance. I know it's a top priority in some orgs but could have even more focus and creative solutions.

2. Great people, exciting work

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Top notch people in virtually all functons Despite external perception that MS is 'the new IBM" there are some really cool projects going on and company working better across divisions than ever before.

Cons

the performance review process is deeply flawed. it doesn't drive culture of collaboration, even though most people work together well despite the distribution curve.

Advice to Management

change the performance system, it sucks. manage out poor performers and reward the superstars without having to create "C" labels on the other 70% of employees.