Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,484 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Great people, exciting work

Engineering Manager (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

ProsTop notch people in virtually all functons
Despite external perception that MS is 'the new IBM" there are some really cool projects going on and company working better across divisions than ever before.

Consthe performance review process is deeply flawed. it doesn't drive culture of collaboration, even though most people work together well despite the distribution curve.

Advice to Senior Managementchange the performance system, it sucks. manage out poor performers and reward the superstars without having to create "C" labels on the other 70% of employees.

Great company with amazing benefits.

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great culture. Great coworkers. Its a job where I look forward to… Cons: Stressful at times. But this is true of most jobs. Sometimes you just… Advice to Senior Management: Get on the same page. Sometimes management is on different… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company, too fat

Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great experience, very talented people, very accomodating, wonderful compensation and… Cons: Very fat company; difficult to trim the fat. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.