Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,478 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Challenging, rewarding, great people and great company

Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

ProsFlexible work hours. Great benefits (health, dental, 401k, gym membership, free soda/juice/coffee/tea, Prime Card discounts to many local businesses). Challenging work that literally affects 100's of millions of customers. Competitive compensation. Microsoft has a product for just about any area of technology you may be interested in.

ConsReviewed compared to your peers. Doesn't matter how well you do if your peers do more/better.
It rains a lot in Seattle and is dark a lot in Winter. Limited scope in many SDE/SDET positions. You own your features and can get pigeon-holed into your technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel the company is headed in the right direction with its products. I don't like the recent changes to Health Insurance and the new compensation model.

its a great company to work for.

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: Lots of different projects to work. Lots of smart people… Cons: Maybe too much middle management. More

Best company I have ever worked for in my 20 years of engineering career

Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: SW Engineers are rock stars! State of the art Many internal opportunities Growth… Cons: Legacy techs in some teams Advice to Senior Management: Implement! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.