Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Challenging, rewarding, great people and great company

Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsFlexible work hours. Great benefits (health, dental, 401k, gym membership, free soda/juice/coffee/tea, Prime Card discounts to many local businesses). Challenging work that literally affects 100's of millions of customers. Competitive compensation. Microsoft has a product for just about any area of technology you may be interested in.

ConsReviewed compared to your peers. Doesn't matter how well you do if your peers do more/better.
It rains a lot in Seattle and is dark a lot in Winter. Limited scope in many SDE/SDET positions. You own your features and can get pigeon-holed into your technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel the company is headed in the right direction with its products. I don't like the recent changes to Health Insurance and the new compensation model.

its a great company to work for.

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: Lots of different projects to work. Lots of smart people… Cons: Maybe too much middle management. More

Still a joy after over 10 years

Sales (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Career Mobility Work-Life Balance Interesting Work Cons: Best jobs are located out of Redmond Advice to Senior Management: Push more jobs to the field to broaden your perspective Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!