Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,478 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Great benefits, culture focused on corporate gamesmanship

Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay, bonuses, opportunity for upward mobility.
Wide variety of opportunities.

ConsProjects are run in such a way as to discourage innovation and exploration. More time spent planning and justifying than doing. Use agile terminology when the environment combines agile and waterfall in a way that robs each of the things that are positive about them. No empowerment to adapt the process to the team and project.

Advice to Senior ManagementTolerate more ambiguity to allow more innovation. Forcing teams to spend so much time telling you what they're going to do, by when, months in advance is discouraging risk-taking and innovation.

SDETII

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great company to work with. Flexible work schedule. Challenging projects… Cons: Wall street seems does not like it. Advice to Senior Management: Know we have competitors in the games. Know we have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Used to be great but mediocre now

Director (Former Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I worked at Microsoft full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: 1. Great Impact 2. Good Benefits 3. Generally smart people Cons: 1.Too much politicking 2. People tend to do stuff to get better reviews Vs the right thing It is always having to worry about the… Advice to Senior Management: Let Innovative people grow ! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.