Microsoft
3.6 of 5 7,481 reviews
www.microsoft.com Redmond, WA 5000+ Employees

Unlimited opportunities and endless challenge.

Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA

ProsIncredible challenging work and the opportunity to have multiple careers over a long tenure at the company. People in all disciplines are incredibly strong and often the best in the business which means you are surrounded by minds that can constantly challenge and push you to your fullest potential. Not only is feedback appreciated, it is expected and leadership across the company is very thoughtful about how they respond and react to employees when providing suggestions for improving our business. Ultimately, you can have multiple careers and really follow your passion to find projects and work that constatly excited and challenge you - regardless of the role you are seeking.

ConsIt is a very fast moving environment so it can be a challegne to manage work life balance if you are not assertive. The company moves at the speed of the Internet and often times there is less infrastructure that most people from other large companies might expect. The good news is that means very little adminstrative bureaucracy, but can also mean there is more ambiguity than is comfortable for a lot of people. You have to be driven and constantly willing to learn, grow and take feedback. This can also mean that sometimes we recreate the wheel or don't take advantage of the experiences others have had.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur management is strong. My only thought is that we tend to think technical excellence is an indicator of managerial excellence when often times the two don't go hand in hand or hit the pavement at the same time. We need to make sure we reward strong managment and strong technical leadership and provide opportunities for people who are strong in both. Sometimes the most successul technical individual contributor is not the best pick for an open manager role. Sometimes the best pick is the person who wants the role and has a focus on managment excellence versus technical excellence.

Amazing Place to Learn and Grow Professionally

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Microsoft

Pros: Connections, Very very smart colleagues, opportunities to work in a variety of discipline over a quick period of… Cons: Can be quite political since everyone is so qualified. Work hours are intense, and you can't… Advice to Senior Management: Need to do more to keep young talent around. Young talent all bails within 3-5 years… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

MS: Great medical but no career path for admins!

Executive Business Administrator (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros: Benifits! They Rock! Love the medical! Cons: lack of upward movement for admins Advice to Senior Management: Create a better career path for admins!!!!! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Microsoft.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. All reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees.